Miraroad Malayali Samajam is a premier social, cultural and charitable institution of Keralites living in the Miraroad. MMS was established year 1992 with the aim of encouraging and educating the members to work in the field of National Integrity, Arts, Sports, Cultural, Educational and Welfare of the society, and to participate and contribute to the National building process by active involvement of its members.
For over years Samajam is catering to the social and cultural needs of Malayali community and renders services to the people at large. Our samajam is very proud of its new approach in its role as a local socio-cultural organization. MMS has also played a key role in the integration of the Malayalee community in all walks of life. The activities of Samajam includes development of Physical, intellectual and cultural well beings of the citizens of this town and adjoining areas.
A few of the manifold activities of the samajam are as follows:-
1. Conducting free medical camps for the poor and needy in the locality.
2. Conducting free eye check, and blood donation camps.
3. Institution of awards for meritorious malayalee students of 10th and 12th classes .
4. Providing charities, especially at the time of national calamities.
5. Encouraging Sports activities of malayalee youths.
6. Promoting cultural activities like Carnatic music, dance programs (Mohiniyattam & Bharatnatyam).
7. Organizing Malayalam language classes for our children,
8. Organising traditional malayalee festivals.